Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced that Hyatt Place Waco-South is officially open. The new hotel features the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi, 24-hour food offerings and a heated indoor pool.
Hyatt Place Waco-South is located adjacent to the Brazos River and just five miles from downtown Waco, providing easy access to the city’s points of interest, such as Magnolia Market At The Silos featuring a food truck park, Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum, Cameron Park Zoo, Dr. Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute, Baylor University campus, Hawaiian Falls Waco Waterpark and Cottonwood Creek Golf Course. The hotel is also steps away from restaurants and retailers clustered around Central Texas Marketplace, just off highway I-35.
“As Waco continues to grow and thrive economically, we are excited to add to the momentum by welcoming the first Hyatt hotel to the area,” said General Manager Wendy Boyd. “With our smartly designed social spaces and guestrooms with separate work and sleep areas, our multitasking guests can easily accomplish what they need to do while on the road.”
Hyatt Place Waco-South offers:
- 96 spacious guestrooms designed for sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sleeper sofa
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Breakfast Bar, a hot breakfast available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, features hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
- The Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and perfectly packaged sandwiches and salads
- The Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Necessities program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Event Spaces offers 745 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting space
- Fitness Center featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens and free ear buds
- Indoor heated swimming pool
“Waco is a vibrant city, filled with friendly people, great neighborhoods, and an ever-expanding list of places to visit and things to do or see,” said Director of Sales Linda Walden. “The hotel’s convenient location allows guests to explore Waco’s historic landmarks and Texan culture. We are confident that Hyatt Place Waco-South will exceed guest expectations and provide both business and leisure travelers with everything they need while visiting the area.”
HYATT PLACE WACO SOUTH LEADERSHIP
Hyatt Place Waco-South is under the leadership of General Manager Wendy Boyd and Director of Sales Linda Walden. In her role, Wendy is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt Place brand is known. Linda is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Waco, Tex. area.